New Powerbook G4

Travis Reitter yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
07 May 2002 20:37:16 -0700

--=-B/sqivWEPqzE9bqpkQPL

I just got one of the brand-new Powerbook G4s (the ones with the 15.2"
screens, Radeon Mobility 7500 32 MB).

I also just installed Yellow Dog Linux on it. I have about a year of
Linux experience (on Red Hat).

I managed to set up everything except for XFree86. I'm not certain which
Horizontal and Vertical Sync rates I should be using. Should I be using
the ati driver? How should I set the monitor resolution? (I'd love to be
able to set it to 1280 x 854, but if I have to set it to 1152 x 768 or
so for now, I'd be satisfied)

If you don't know any specifics yourself, links to any useful
information would also be handy.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Travis

--=-B/sqivWEPqzE9bqpkQPL