non-destructive partitioning software?

Alex Nonnemacher yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:05:00 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_RxyGGroS87F4o2K+bGSjSw)

Yes...pdisk will do the job, but you have to read the documentation and
back all your stuff up. I wiped out a hard drive once using it...heh
heh. You've got to run it in Mac OS, but Mac-like it ain't.

http://www.cfcl.com/~eryk/linux/pdisk/index.html

I seem to recall that the newest version of FWB Toolkit did that, but
I'm not sure. Check it out...

http://www.fwb.com/cs/hdt45/main.html

On Sunday, May 12, 2002, at 04:04 , clown boy wrote:

> Do you know of any non-destructive partitioning software that can
> partition a hard drive w/o erasing everything that is on there?
>
> -

> "If you build a man a fire, he is warm for a day,
>
> If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life."
>
> <<Intel Inside>> The world's most frequently used warning label.
>

> Do You Yahoo!?
> LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

--Boundary_(ID_RxyGGroS87F4o2K+bGSjSw)

Yes...pdisk will do the job, but you have to read the documentation
and back all your stuff up. I wiped out a hard drive once using
it...heh heh. You've got to run it in Mac OS, but Mac-like it ain't.

http://www.cfcl.com/~eryk/linux/pdisk/index.html

I seem to recall that the newest version of FWB Toolkit did that, but
I'm not sure. Check it out...

http://www.fwb.com/cs/hdt45/main.html

<excerpt>Do you know of any non-destructive partitioning software that
can partition a hard drive w/o erasing everything that is on there?

<smaller>-

"If you build a man a fire, he is warm for a day,

If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life."

frequently used warning label.

</excerpt>

<excerpt>

<bold>Do You Yahoo!?

- Your Yahoo! Music Experience</excerpt>

--Boundary_(ID_RxyGGroS87F4o2K+bGSjSw)--