pdisk help

Eric D. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:07:49 -0400

I'm not sure if you're trying OS X or YDL here.

In OS X all I have to do is fire up Terminal.app and type:
"sudo pdisk"
And then enter the root password and pdisk opens in read and write mode

(su doesn't allow me to use "root" in OS X... I probably just don't know how
to use it (although, I can access other accounts with the respective name +
password with su -user)).

The OS 9 version doesn't require any password control & does the same thing
as the OS X or YDL (I assume) version.

Eric.

PS sorry for repeating this but all I I can suggest is to try it in one of
the Mac OSes to get away from your map unwriteable errors.