Unrecognized hard disk

page comstock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 18:01:05 -0500

Hello,

I have been having the exact same problem with my new iBook. i just bought
it a couple of weeks ago (its the 600mhz, 256 ram, 20gb hdd, etc...). i get
the "no hard disk found" error with YDL and Mandrake. on a post on
tuxppc.org someone said they fixed it by entering "hda=xxxx,xx,xx" he had
numbers there of course but what i got from this that he put in is drive
geometry. however, i have no idea how to find that out on a mac, much less a
mac laptop....
if you figure this out PLEASE let me know, id really like to get linux
loaded on my system.

thanks,