Just installed YDL 2.2 on my iMac

Tom Spencer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 08:18:58 -0400

on 5/24/02 4:23 AM, Smith, Bradley at bradley.smith@artisansw.com wrote:

> Not too bad but...
>
> 1. No sound (it tells me as much)
> 2. Catastrophic attempt to install KDE 3!
> 3. 3 button emulation. How does it work?
>
> Other than that it looks pretty good. WAY, WAYYYYY faster than OSX (no
> surprise there)
>
> Anyone have idiot proof instructions on how to get a working KDE 3
> installation?
>
> Brad

I did this...I can't take credit for these instructions, as many on this
list told me how to do this:

add:
#test
rpm ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/2.2 test
rpm-src ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/2.2 test

to the end of you /etc/apt/sources.list file. Then do and 'apt-get update'
to update your local listings. Also you may want to add a mirror or two.

Then do: apt-get install kde-base kdegames koffice kmail
kdeartwork-screensavers <enter>