Champion Server 1.2.1 on TiBook

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:23:32 -0500

Hi,

I've had a copy of CS 1.2.1 since my Rev. A iMac, and have loved it, but now I have a Powerbook G4 400Mhz running OS X and OS 9.2.1.  I tried installing YDL via yaboot and then via BootX, but neither way worked...BootX resulted in a black screen after clicking the Linux button (an I did play around with No Video and different video arguments).

Yaboot would start loading the kernel...well, it showed the "booting..." and then after a while the cd and harddrive would both spin down and nothing would happen.

Tried all my old tricks that worked for the iMac, but nothing seemed to help.

I don't have an internet connection to speak of, so if I can't get this to work I'm probably going to have to order a new distro and wait for it to be shipped. I would much prefer getting this to work.

Thanks,
-Josh

PS. -- If you reply to this, it would make things easier for me if you also CC'd it to sadrith@onebox.com.  Thanks!