Install hung at YupDBError

Ken Grunke yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 03:07:04 -0500

Sverre Sørensen wrote:

> Try the "Base Install"
>
> Sverre :)
> --

Nope, that gave the exact same results.
If I get that far in the install (to package selection), can I safely assume that
the installer disk is good? Or is it still running on just the RAM disk on my
hard drive? (the RAMDISK_TEXT_IMAGE.GZ).
Another thing, is maybe the file name is too long for the disk image. The disk
itself is named "Untitled CD", and the iso image contained within is named
"dayton-2.3-20020704-install.iso". If my friend is willing, should I ask him to
try again, and give it a shorter name? I think it took him about 4 hrs to
download on a DSL line.
I'm hoping that he burned the CD correctly, but that's hard to verify from an
independent-minded 14 year-old ;-)
I can't afford to buy the CD, but I'm itching to try YDL!
Thanks,

Ken