modem and shutdown questions

Ed Smith-Rowland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:40:44 -0400

I had a similar problem with my iMac G3.  I finally gave up on wvdial
and kppp and went through
System->Internet and used the setup druid and put all this stuff  (ISP
#, user, pass, DNS, etc) in.
I  had to select a ppp0 or ppp1 and edit it if I remember correctly.
 Now it works fine
except that I have to (in KDE):
- log in as root
- fire up this druid
- cancel out of the dialog that asks what new device I want to set up
- select the dialup connection (ppp0) (which shows inactive)
- click the activate button.
I think I'm actually setting up network devices.
I'm sure there is a more /etc/*.conf way of doing this but I haven't
been able to figure out what that is yet.

Ed