Old World Mac install woes

Ken Grunke yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:55:51 -0500

Tom Marsh wrote:

> I'm installing YDL 2.3 on my Power Macintosh 6500/250 with 32 meg of
> RAM and a 4 gig hard disk. (I know, the RAM tally leaves something to
> be desired. It's on order....)
>
> [snip]
> Has anybody else encountered this? Must all linux partitions exist
> contiguously on the disk? Right now, the order is /boot, /, MacOS, then
> swap. Is this my problem?

I've yet to succeed on my PM 7500, but some other tips I've gleaned off
this list are as follows:

1.) Name your Mac partition "Macintosh HD".
2.) Make your boot disk 100 mb instead of 10.
3.) Try Base install if others don't work.
4.) Try YDL 2.2 instead.

That last one raises +my+ question--can I choose YDL 2.2 from the 2.3 disk
in BootX? Or do I have to get the 2.2 CD?

Thanks,

Ken Grunke