Yellowdog 2.2 install timezone fatal error

Richard C House yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:52:55 -0400

Daniel Miller

I found your message below whilst searching Yellowdog for answers to the same
problem.  I have a 7500 with a 233MHz upgrade processor and got exactly the
same  chain of events installing 2.2.

Have you been given an answer yet?

Dick House

Sat June 8
i am new to Linux..
I have a PowerMac 8600 with a 340mhz G4 daughter card
upgrade and 128mb RAM. when i tryto install YDL 2.2
everything flows smoothly untill i install a
package...(i chose "home/office"). Well the problem
comes after it  finishes resolving package
dependencies ..it gets to "Transfering Packages" and
an error pops up "Error .... Please Correct this
manually"  and when i continue, i then get Fatal
Errors when from Configure Time Zone till the end.
What should I do?  Install 2.0 or 2.1?  Any ideas????
I am in the yahoo macintosh chat room daily on the
"xneubien" screen name
-daniel

Richard C. House, Dir.
Language Resource Center
Dept. Languages, Literatures and Cultures
University of New Hampshire
(603) 862 3556