video problem with YDL on iMac (333 MHz)

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:22:07 +0200

I have a problem in the installation of YDL on my iMac (OS 9). I have
partitioned the disk, and the problem arises when installing.

1) the BootX (1.2.2) route: all combinations of the settings "No
video driver", "Force video settings" and the argument
"video=atyfb:vmode:17" fail, giving me the blank (black) screen.
Nothing happens.

2) the yaboot route: if I boot from the CD, the normal "install"
stops after a full page of normal messages (something about the USB
device).
The "install-novideo" goes all the way, allowing me to install the
whole thing, except the video part (Xconfigurator), and when I reboot
I have only the blank screen, with a "dead" computer.

Any help would be welcome!

Xavier.Llobet@urbanet.ch

Xavier Llobet

CRPP-EPFL