xfree86 problem

Bert Knabe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 02:16:40 -0600

I once had LinuxPPC running on my Starmax 3000. Without my doing anything,
it registered my ATI PCI graphics card as the active card and set up
Xwindows to use it. Installing Yellowdog, X won't work, as nearly as I can
tell, because I have the video card in addition to the onboard video. Does
anyone have a similar setup, 2 video cards, or a card and onboard video?
Both are ATI Mach64. I've since forgotten the command to get the info, but I
have the PCI config for both (I haven't figured out why the built in video
is treated as a PCI slot):

00:d.0 ATI Mach64 215 GT Rev 41
00:11.0 ATI Mach64 264 VT Rev 40

Thanks for any help you can give.