Install 2.3 on 4400/200

Luís Eustáquio yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 01 Sep 2002 17:12:41 +0100

Hi all

I´m trying, with no results so far, to install YDL 2.3 on a 4400/200 with
1.2 GB HD & 48Mb RAM. I have split the HD in half (600Mb each partition).

OK i know it´s far from a decent configuration, but for now i just want to
test-drive Linux, then i might migrate the rest of the Macs...

The problem is this: bootX installation and restart run fine, text interface
is the only option because RAM is < 64, ok, but the installer can´t mount
the CD, either in default or custom modes.

Is this because there's not enough RAM / HD space? The CD drive is
recognised, i tried using an external CDRW and the installer reported having
detected both, but still didn't load the YDL CD on any drive.

I made the CD from an image (.iso) dloaded from one of the mirrors on the
YDL page, could it be a bad .image file?

Any fellow newbie got past this stage?

Thanx

LE