Problems after installing just the Base

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:41:26 -0400

Hi all,

I have had a myriad of errors when trying to install YDL on a G3 Beige
266 Desktop. I finally was able to get it to recognize the partition
table by putting a disc in the ZIP drive but when I attempted to install
the Home Office package I received this:

Error: Package docbook-dtd30-sgml was not found. Please correct this
manually.

Soooooooo, I decided let's try to install just the Base. Was successful,
able to create a Root password, add users, etc. However, when I booted
into Linux I received a Kernel panic:VFS:Unable to mount fs on 00:12.

My root is on /dev/hda/12

Here's my profile:

Mac G3 Beige Desktop 266/internal Zip Drive with 640MB RAM
Single Hard Drive Partitioned as follows:
Partition One: * GB with OS X 10.1 HFS+
Partition Two: 6 GB with OS 9.2.2 HFS+
Partition Three: 16 GB HFS+
Partition Four: 1 GB HFS+