YDL Install Fails

Mark Walker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:10:17 -0700

I have a 7500 and had many issues trying to install.  I finally start
yanking out hardware until I isolated a bad DIMM that the MacOS did not seem
to mind.  My error message referred to a segmentation fault and then went
down for a reboot.
Which kernel are you using for your install, 2.2 seems to work best on older
Macs like the 8500?  A list of hardware specs and install spec might help to
isolate your problem.