USB printer

Russell Brunet yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:52:52 -0700

Printtool worked great for my pc, but it doesn't exist on my yellowdog mac,
Instead, I found /usr/bin/kprintwizard, which looks similar. However, when I
select usb and type in the path to the printer (/dev/usb/lp0), it says that
it is not a detected port? Any ideas? I followed the instructions from the
link that you sent me to and checked to see if it was detected and the
drivers were there, and it was recognized and everything was loaded
correctly. I can print in the command line by redirecting an output to the
printer (cat filename > /dev/usb/lp0), but kprintwizard doesn't recognize
the port.

Thanks,

Russell