solution: 8 bit (256 color) only on 2001 ibook

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:52:29 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-809258091

I figured the problem out. It is necessary to also set the monitor
settings in OS X to 800 x 600 and to thousands, before trying to do it
on Linux.
I can't get my monitor to work on any set up other than failsafe
configuration or 8-bit (256 colors).  It is very hard to see anything
through the fuzzyness.  at 16 bit (thousands of colors) the x windows
system says that it is respawning too fast and it will not come up.
thanks for any help you can offer.

john

--Apple-Mail-1-809258091