Can't install YDL on beige G3; can it be done?

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:12:52 -0400

Hi all,

I have repeatedly attempted to install YDL on my beige G3/266 desktop but
continue to have problems. I first tried to install on three partitions,
one for OS X, the second for OS 9 and the third for YDL. When I tried to
install everything it indicated that it could not find the ADJTIMEX
package and I should correct it manually. I clicked OK and it rebooted my
machine. When I tried to boot into YDL it then indicated it could not
open root device 00:10.

I then tried to install just home office; same error as above: could not
open root device 00:10.

I then repartitioned to just two; one for OS 9 and the other for YDL.  I
was able to install just the base but still received the error indicating
that it could not open root device 00:09.

Am I trying something that cannot be done on a G3?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ed