incompatible powerbook

Markus Deistler yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
01 Apr 2003 18:30:55 +0000

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 11.22 pm Josh Deng wrote:

> hey guys,
> I have a powerbook 5300c that I want to put Yellowdog on.  I read the list
> of supported/unsupported computer on the website, and it ways that the 5300

It is "officially" unsupported. Generation-wise the PB 5300 is a
Nubus-Pmac (though there isn't any Nubus-slot inside, like all other PBs
prior to PB G3 Wallstreet/Lombard/Pismo - *not* Kanga) are, so the
website to read is here:

http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/
a nubus-specific mailing-list is here:
http://lists.linuxppc.org

PCMCIA and external SCSI might not work, so the support is somewhat
limited. That said, there are even many Intel-based Notebooks which are
just partially supported by Linux.

It's fun, though, I had Linux on a PB 1400 once.

Cheers, Markus