konqueror is so sloooooooow

Bradley Martin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1035499483-1049707261=:6044

i just put ydl on my b/w g3 and everything seems to be working fine so far...better than i had expected from my past experiences with linux...but i don't understand why konqueror takes so damned long to start up. and in light of all the press surrounding safari recently i thought that konqueror would at the very least be a faster web browser than mozilla...but it takes so ****ing long to start up! is there anyway to speed things up?