New G4s and Yaboot

Tilley, Brian (UK) yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:37:04 +0100

We've got a PowerMac G4 1.25GHz

I am experiencing the same yaboot problem as described in the newbie
archives..

I got the CD to boot using the advice on the newbie archives
The YDL 2.3 installation worked OK except it didn't detect the network
interface.

On reboot it wouldn't boot yaboot from the Bootloader sector.

In Open Firmware if I types "boot <CR>"
it came up with something like
can't open hd:9,\\hbxi
The correct partition number was 9 so this looks like it was trying to boot
the correct partition.

Other relevant points.
I have moved the hard drives to the ATA66 bus.
OS 10 X is located in the upper half of the Master drive.
The Lower half of the drive was left free and partitioned by YDL install.
I noticed that the Bootloader is an HFS standard partition, is this
revelvant?

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Brian Tilley