How much disk space is really required?

Eric Schwarzkopf yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:19:49 -0700

So how much total disk space (Boot Loader - Swap - YDL OS) is really needed
to successfully install YDL 2.3?
I have an "OWM (Old-World-Mac) with a 2.04GB hard drive and I have the YDL
2.3 CD.
I have read a PDF file from YDL's saying that I would need 64MB of RAM (got
it), and 2GB of free disk space... I have also see listed on YDL support
pages a link saying "Please review the required sizes before making your
selection."  (
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/faq/drive_space.shtml ). And
according to this site if I want to set up the Linux side of my "OWM" as a
"Home/Office" that all I need is 1.2BG. I saw this and thought that is great
because that means that I don't need to run out and find and buy a new or
used 50-pin SCSI hard drive, I can create a Mac partition about 1/3 of the
total drive size and the other 2/3 that will be used for YDL. I did this but
the problem I'm having is that I get each time I try to install it an error
message saying that the package was not fully installed and that the
installation has failed. I don't know why because I have just under 1.4GB
that has been partitioned off  for - Boot Loader 10MB - Linux Swap 64MB -
and the rest for the YDL OS.

Eric