How much disk space is really required?

Eric Schwarzkopf yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:49:57 -0700

--MS_Mac_OE_3132971397_2273737_MIME_Part

So did you ever contact support asking about why it would not install
properly until you had 9GB dedicated to YDL 2.3? I just bought off of eBay a
4.3GB HD so I could make sure that I have a full 2GB for YDL, now I may not
be able to install it unless I put in a drive larger then 10GB... I don't
recall seeing that in any of the things written up about YDL... Everything I
saw was talking about give a new life to your old Mac, and even there
nothing was said as to system requirements... And still no where did I find
it saying that you need to have 9 or 10GB of free disk space!!!
Well unless anyone else (someone in the support section at
terrasoftsolutions.com)  knows the secret to installing YDL 2.3 on an
Old-World-Mac with a total 4GB of hard disk space I guess I just wasted my
time and money!!!

Eric

From: PPCLinux@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:19:35 EDT
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: How much disk space is really required?

I could not get YDL 2.3 installed until I dedicated a 9 gig HD to it.

--MS_Mac_OE_3132971397_2273737_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: How much disk space is really required?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
So did you ever contact support asking about why it would not install prope=
rly until you had 9GB dedicated to YDL 2.3? I just bought off of eBay a 4.3G=
B HD so I could make sure that I have a full 2GB for YDL, now I may not be a=
ble to install it unless I put in a drive larger then 10GB... I don't recall=
 seeing that in any of the things written up about YDL... Everything I saw w=
as talking about give a new life to your old Mac, and even there nothing was=
 said as to system requirements... And still no where did I find it saying t=
hat you need to have 9 or 10GB of free disk space!!!<BR>
Well unless anyone else (someone in the support section at terrasoftsolutio=
ns.com) &nbsp;knows the secret to installing YDL 2.3 on an Old-World-Mac wit=
h a total 4GB of hard disk space I guess I just wasted my time and money!!!<=

<BR>
Eric<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>PPCLinux@aol.com<BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:19:35 EDT<BR>
<B>To: </B>yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: How much disk space is really required?<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">I could not get YDL 2.3 inst=
alled until I dedicated a 9 gig HD to it.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3132971397_2273737_MIME_Part--