A really stupid question.

B. Charles Reynolds yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:31:51 -0800

--Apple-Mail-6-366267078

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 10:34 PM, Tavis Werts wrote:

> I know this seems ridiculous, but how does one shut down the computer?
> i just can't figure it out.

The two best options:

1 - the command line version:    shutdown -h now
	     for more info:   man shutdown

2 - Depending on your security settings in your graphical environment,
if you use one, you should be able to shutdown from the log off menu,
similar to WinNT/2k/XP.

You do need administrative privileges to shutdown. Enable them if you
don't have them. They should be in the KDE panels, somewhere, if you
use KDE (I don't.)

__
~ Charles

You know there's something wrong when the country is run by three
people named Dick, Bush and Colin...

--Apple-Mail-6-366267078

<excerpt>I know this seems ridiculous, but how does one shut down the

</fontfamily></excerpt>