Web Proxy / Firewall

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 06:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

Here's two articles to help get you started

http://www.pcquest.com/content/linux/handson/199030103.asp

http://www.linux-mag.com/2001-02/agents_01.html

Another option, PC based is http://www.smoothwall.org/

I am running it on an old 486 which I bought at a garage sale for 5
dollars.  Smoothwall is free and extremely stable.  I have my DSL
router coming into it.  And have 4 different computers: WinXP,
YDL3.0, MacOS9, and Mandrake 9.1 networked to the smothwall box.  I
give it two thumbs up!

Good luck!