yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #578 - 5 msgs

Grant Lenahan yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 02 Aug 2003 11:38:29 -0400

On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 11:28 AM,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

>> If you want only YDL, then you format the whole thing as "free space"
>
> Yes, but HOW?!!!!

See my original note to you.

> I have just taken a guess and have told the OS X disk utility to
> format the
> file as Unix file system.

Not quite.  As I wrote earlier, you do use disk utility, but you format
it not as HFS, nto as HFS+, not as UNIX, but rather as "free space" (in
some later versions this is called "unallocated", but I presume you'll
figure that out).  If you need Disk Utility instructions, feel free to
email me or get info from Apple's knowledge base.

Bottom line is you DONT want it formatted, just partitioned.  YDL does
the formatting.

Grant