9500 video

Grant yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:32:31 -0400

> Is there some special trick I have to know about to get YDL 3.0 X
> windows working on a Powermac 9500 with an ATI mach64 video card, 2mb
> of video ram, and a 15 inch Apple Multiscan monitor?  This monitor is
> not detected at bootup.   Xautoconfig gives me 256 colors and an almost
> unusable 640x480 screen resolution.  Do I need more video ram to run X,
> or a different monitor?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Tom

2MB  (1.58 MB) should support 1024x768 x 16 bits/8 bits per byte (1000s
fo colors).
So that's not the problem.  Sometimes it just misses the monitor.
Go into KDE's configuration settings (cant remember which) and
either select the monitor from a pull-down menu,  or set the resolution
yourself.

Grant