Stopping firewall

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:22:01 -0700

> When installing YDL I selected the 'medium protection' firewall
> solution.  However I think this is now giving me various
> problems.  Can
> anyone tell me how I can remove all firewalling from my
> machine, just as
> a temporary troubleshooting method.  I found some iptables rules in
> /etc/sysconfig/iptables.  Can I just delete/rename this file
> and reboot?

No, don't do that. Just turn off the firewall at startup.

chkconfig --level 12345 iptables off

will turn off the firewall at all runlevels.

Make sure you have no other firewall servers and do the same for them.

Then, when you are comfy with the setup. You can turn them back on
[chkconfig --level 345 iptables on].