More info RE

Bradley Martin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

--0-579059573-1060107392=:83318

I am still unable to put YDL on my B+W G3. Earlier (see below) i mentioned a message saying IO error 5--well there is another message that goes with that on a separate screen during the install:

<6> attempt to access beyond end of device
<6> 21:00: rw=0, want=597378, limit=577582

q: rw=0, does that mean read or write?
q: 597378 & 577582: do these look more like the CD-ROM or the hard drive?

thank you.

Bradley Martin <novacrook@yahoo.com> wrote:
Still trying to put YDL3 on my B+W G3 350 w/ a Seagate 80GB drive. As long as I only have the Seagate drive in there, it (the drive) seems to work fine (I assume this has something to do with me not having the correct jumper settings...no big deal, i don't need the extra 6gb from the old drive anyway).

My problem is this, though: everytime I try to install YDL, with the exception of when I do a bare minimum install (linux in text mode and nothing else at all) the installer stalls somewhere on the second disc (generally at SDL_Mixer...or something else instead if I try deselecting that). A quick opt-command-F5 (or F4 or whatever, i forget) to another screen and I get the message "IOError 5" and something about it not being able to keep writing to the drive. All 80 gigs are free so it can't be running out of room; and it's not the drive itself b/c I got the same message when I was trying to install to the 6 GB factory drive.

Ideas, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!?!? I'm trying to get that computer up and running before school starts so that I'll have something to use at home...

thanks

<i am not bradley martin>

--0-579059573-1060107392=:83318

<DIV>I am still unable to put YDL on my B+W G3. Earlier (see below) i mentioned a message saying IO error 5--well there is another message that goes with that on a separate screen during the install:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;6&gt; attempt to access beyond end of device</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;6&gt; 21:00: rw=0, want=597378, limit=577582</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>q: rw=0, does that mean read or write?</DIV>
<DIV>q: 597378 &amp; 577582: do these look more like the CD-ROM or the hard drive?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thank you.<BR><BR><B><I>Bradley Martin &lt;novacrook@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; WIDTH: 100%">
<DIV>Still trying to put YDL3 on my B+W G3 350 w/ a Seagate 80GB drive. As long as I only have the Seagate drive in there,&nbsp;it (the drive) seems to work fine (I assume this has something to do with me not having the correct jumper settings...no big deal, i don't need the extra 6gb from the old drive anyway).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My problem is this, though: everytime I try to install YDL, with the exception of when I do a bare minimum install (linux in text mode and nothing else at all) the installer stalls somewhere on the second disc (generally at SDL_Mixer...or something else instead if I try deselecting that). A quick opt-command-F5 (or F4 or whatever, i forget) to another screen and I get the message "IOError 5" and something about it not being able to keep writing to the drive. All 80 gigs are free so it can't be running out of room; and it's not the drive itself b/c I got the same message when I was trying to install to the 6 GB factory drive.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ideas, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!?!? I'm trying to get that computer up and running before school starts so that I'll have something to use at home...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks</DIV><BR><BR>&lt;i am not bradley martin&gt;
<P>
<HR SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com">Yahoo! SiteBuilder</A> - Free, easy-to-use web site design software</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>&lt;i am not bradley martin&gt;<p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-579059573-1060107392=:83318--