mod_perl questions (was Can't start Apache)

Wes Plate yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:56:40 -0700

On 8/5/03 11:34 AM, "Longman, Bill" wrote:

>> I don't see anything about mod_perl in my httpd.conf file,
>> shouldn't there
>> be?
>
> It's probably being included. Look in the conf.d directory for other conf
> files. There's almost always a perl.conf.
>
> BTW, the perl interpreter for Apache is a module, so you don't necessarily
> need to install all the pm's that you had to do with the CGI forked-perl
> setup of yore.

I ask about this in the httpd.conf file because the install directions I'm
following say:

> *)
> With mod_perl (speed!):
> =======================
> Add this to the mod_perl stuff section in httpd.conf
> [...]
> Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
> Alias /otrs/ "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"
>
> <Location /otrs>
>   SetHandler  perl-script
>   PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>   Options ExecCGI
>   PerlSendHeader On
> </Location>

So can I add this stuff ANYWHERE in the httpd.conf file?
Or should I add it to perl.conf?

Next, I need to add something to my httpd.conf file, should this stuff go
into perl.conf?

Perl.conf doesn't have anything about a startup script.  So I'm worried
about what to do here.

--
Wes Plate
 Automatic Duck, Inc.