mod_perl questions (was Can't start Apache)

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:28:31 -0700

> I ask about this in the httpd.conf file because the install
> directions I'm
> following say:
>
> > *)
> > With mod_perl (speed!):
> > =======================
> > Add this to the mod_perl stuff section in httpd.conf
> > [...]
> > Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
> > Alias /otrs/ "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"
> >
> > <Location /otrs>
> >   SetHandler  perl-script
> >   PerlHandler Apache::Registry
> >   Options ExecCGI
> >   PerlSendHeader On
> > </Location>
>

> So can I add this stuff ANYWHERE in the httpd.conf file?
> Or should I add it to perl.conf?
>

> Next, I need to add something to my httpd.conf file, should
> this stuff go
> into perl.conf?
>
> Perl.conf doesn't have anything about a startup script.  So
> I'm worried
> about what to do here.

You're getting in deep water here, Wes. You should bring these questions to
a perl user list. From my limited understanding of Apache 1.3, (and a bit of
Apache 2), there's a separate perl cgi-bin directory that's used so there
might be some different settings in your Location directive. Whether it goes
in the perl.conf file is a matter of preference. If I did it, that's where
I'd put it since the changes I make to the conf files are pretty minimal.