Minimal YDL install on 2-GB hard drive

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:35:45 -0500

Mr. Quintanar:

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 10:43  AM, Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> I've never owned a Wallstreet G3, but one of my employees has one and
> he has YDL 3.0 running on it, without any of the mac os partitions. He
> just put the YDL install disk #1 in the pooter and he held down the
> "C" button and voila.

Hmmm... that would certainly be easier and better for my purposes (what
I really wanted in purchasing the Wallstreet was a laptop on which to
practice running Linux). I will have to give that a try when I receive
the new hard drive.

> Of course, it runs kinda slow, compared to the G4 cube we have.

Of course! :-)

> Did you get a deal on the hard drive?  That's my only gripe with using
> maccs, hardware is Soooooo expensive compared to PC hardware.

I paid US$80 for a 25 GB 5400 RPM drive from Wegener Media (I had to
purchase a new battery, anyway -- now *batteries* are expensive!):

<http://www.wegenermedia.com/parts.htm>

I can't find the exact item on the Web site right now, but they have a
few other deals, so it might be worth the search.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint.macdonald@ttuhsc.edu>