YDL on a G4 Cube

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:03:06 -0400

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:52 PM, Maxwell Bottiger wrote:

> Yes, it's an LCD.

In that case, I'm posting below a copy of the XF86Config file that
finally worked for me. Don't know if it will help, since you have an
entirely different model, but for what it's worth:

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name
of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	#Load	"dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Change "XkbModel" to "macintosh_old" if you are using
# the deprecated adb keycodes.
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "macintosh"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

	#Option		"DPMS"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	ModelName    "Monitor Model"
	HorizSync    30.0 - 130.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
	Option	     "FlatPanel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "nv"
	BoardName   "Unknown video card"
	Option	    "CrtcNumber" "0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Card0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth     16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     8
		Modes    "1440x900"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     16
		Modes    "1440x900"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1440x900"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Group        0
	Mode         0666
EndSection

The three lines that I changed as I worked through the problem & which
you might look at especially closely:
(1) Section "Monitor": Note that I "commented out" the line "Option
'DPMS'"
(2) I added the line in that same section: "Option    'FlatPanel'"
(though truthfully the addition didn't seem critical)
(3) Most importantly, in Section "Device": I changed     Option
"CrtcNumber" from "1" to "0".

Hope this helps.   Good luck.     --Harvey