Minimal YDL install on 2-GB hard drive

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:31:29 -0500

Mr. Longman:

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 05:27  PM, Longman, Bill wrote:
>> I would appreciate the ability to login to a streamlined version of
>> KDE or Gnome, but if you can recommend alternatives, that would be
>> great.[...]
>
> IMHO, openbox is a great lightweight window manager. You should also
> look at WindowMaker (GNUStep). Others swear by fvwm, but I haven't any
> experience with it myself.

Those sound like good ideas, and I will look at them. Thanks!

I think that WindowMaker is one of the install options with YDL, but
where might I find PowerPC versions of openbox or fvwm?

Of course, all of this will have to wait until I receive and install
the larger hard drive. ;-)

Best wishes,
Clint

--