Is anyone using a "Triple Boot" Enviorenment on a Old World PPC successfully?

Bill Hughes yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:06:19 -0400

Here's my situation.

I have just recently installed OS-X 10.1.5 onto my PPC9500 w/XLR8MAChCarrier_G3/500
544MB's RAM,
(PCI description, Top to bottom)
Adaptec 2930,
PCI Radeon,
Digidesign AMIII,
ATTO UL2D

To the Adaptec, I have 3 HDD's
Id0= 9GB Barracuda (solely for YDL)
Id1= 9GB Cheetah -> 2 Equal partitions (partition1=HFS+, partition2=BFS or BeOS* File System)
Id2= 4GB Fireball (7 HFS+ partitions, 6 dedicated to Retrospect Backup the last is a MacOS 8.5 for the BeOS launcher and BootX)

To the ATTO I have 2 drives
Id0= 18GB Cheetah
Id1= 9GB IBM Ultrastar...which is my working OS 9.1 drive, with XPostFacto which leads me to this bizarro question.

*I know BeOS is dead, but I have it and it's pretty fun to mess around on from time to time Besides if I ever decide to learn how to start writing some code, well, BeOS came with CodeWarrior.

Anyways, here's my question:

Is anyone using OS-X on a "UN-"supported PowerMac running MacOS x.x and YDL on the same system?

I ask only because it seems to me that XPostFacto utilizes OpenFirmware, which Yaboot does as well (doesn't it?).
Is it possible to use Yaboot and/or XPostFacto concurrently when starting OS-X?

I know it's long shot, just thought I'd ask though