network device control not working

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:19:32 -0400

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 11:12 PM, dirty sanchez wrote:

> thanks for the help, here is my work around since editing that file
> didn't work.
>
> 1. remove airport card
> 2. remove it when the new hardware wizard detects its missing
> 3. once up run the the internet configuration wizard and add the
> airport
> card as eth1 with all the right settings, save your settings

 >>Please<< tell me what the right settings are. This is a question that
is totally confusing to me & I have not gotten any real clarification
from any of the many, many sources I've tracked down. (They all seem to
think I can take it from my eth0 file. I don't know how >that< should
be config'd.) I know you can't tell me what settings my system
requires, but could you please post a sample eth1 config file, with
editorial comments. Thanks

> 4. shutdown and add the airport card
> 5. when the wizard finds it migrate the settings

You're talking about kudzu on startup, right? How do I "migrate the
settings"?

> 6. once the system starts up run the network device control and
> activate
> the card.
> 7. your card should work but in the settings it up to you if you want
> it
> enabled when the system starts, if your roam with the laptop you might
> want it disabled on start up because it will slow start up when it
> doesn't find an AP.
>
> hope this helps

Thanks for help.    --Harvey