What gives?

Chaz McGarvey yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 20:07:49 -0600

On Saturday, August 9, 2003, at 03:39 PM, Jim Ricken wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 15:25, Matty Sarro wrote:
>> I'm no expert with linux on mac's, but I'm decent enough with linux in
>> general. If there's any questions you have, I'll give ya a hand if I
>> can.
>> -Matti
>>>
>> Hello Matti
> Maybe you can help me with my Ati128 video card
>
>> For some reason I cannot get 1024x768 to work on the card,the highest
>> it will go is
> 832x624.
> I am running Ydl 3.0 on a Mac 8600

Well it should obviously be able to handle more than that.  Have you
tried adding 1024x786 to the XF86Config file?  As I understand it, you
won't be able to switch to any resolutions which aren't listed in this
file.

Here is a very good page describing this file if you don't already know
about it:
http://www.luv.asn.au/overheads/xconfig/

BTW- We certainly aren't too good to respond, but it's very likely that
we don't know anything.  I suppose I should speak for myself.

Good luck,
Chaz