Workgroup Server 7250/120

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:48:36 -0700

> Apple's website or YDL's website?
> I downloaded the YDL 3.0 ISOs and burned them to CD using
> Roxio on a Windows
> machine, but Disk 1 will not boot.  Do the CD's have to be
> burned on a Mac?
>
> -Channon
> You don't need to purchase a new OS. You can download the
> MacOS binaries off
> their web site. For free.

You will find the MacOS binaries on Apple's website, not YDL. Sorry about
that.

It doesn't matter the OS used to burn the CDs, they will still be IS09660
format. The old world macs don't seem to understand how to boot off any CD
but their own Mac CDs. That's the usual problem. I'm not a Mackey, so I
still don't know old worlds from new worlds from imacs from g3s. (That's why
I'm on the newbie list!)