re; imac cant boot

Grant yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:16:54 -0400

Anyone who writes such a good, clear and complete description deserves
and answer - but a better one than mine :-)

So we know:

1) no hardware problems
2) yaboot begins its thing and in fact looks to a partition
3) at that point either:
	3a) the install is corrupt
	3B) or you're ppointing to the wrong partition.

So I would:
a) check the partition.  You need the ext2 or ext3 "regular linux"
partition - not the bootloader partition nor the swap file partition.
You can do this with pdisk if you can get OSX running (maybe from the
CD?).  To do so, type, at the OSX prompt:

# = prompt

# pdsik
<you get a list of options>

Choose the one that *lists* but does not change, the map.
Print it out and keep it!

Rin ybin from the Linux boot cd (I dont really know how nor the syntax)

Grant