AppleWorks & OpenOffice

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:11:02 -0500

Channon:

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 09:48  AM, Quillen, Channon wrote:
> I have some documents created with AppleWorks 6.0.=A0Will OpenOffice=20=

> open them?=A0If not, is there an application that can be used in YDL =
3.0=20
> that will?

AppleWorks, as great an application as it is (I use it all the time),=20
is stuck in its own little time zone, and no other application has=20
translators for it. Your best (perhaps only) solution will be to save=20
the AppleWorks documents as rich text format (".rtf") or Microsoft Word=20=

document format (".doc"), then open those documents in OpenOffice.

Best wishes,
Clint

--=20
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint.macdonald@ttuhsc.edu>