YDL 2.3 iMac Rev A - can't boot - HELP!!

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:43:29 -0400

Sorry didn't answered before.
I follow the instructions, but problem is not resolve:

1. Boot from YDL 2.3 install CD. When asked for keyboard, type ctrl-alt-F2.
2. Get black screen with prompt:
Dayton Install>

3. Type what you said:
bash# pdisk /dev/hda

4. Get message:
sh: bash#: command not found
Dayton Install>

So I couldn't keep going with the rest.
By the way, in a Mac (any model) you don't use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. That's PC
sequence. In the iMac Rev A (this machine) you have to use a clip and introduce it in a
small hole in the port board. I guess Apple though this machines will never "freeze"....

There is also another message from Grant in this list suggesting to use the OS X CD
install to get to pdisk at the OS X prompt. How???? That CD only let you install OS X.

Any idea? Or I must forget about running linux on iMac??
Thanks in advance.
Gustavo