installing Linux on disk image

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:11:58 -0700

> might be disappointed with YDL an iBook or PowerBook. I am currently
> trying YDL on an older PowerBook, and it is as frustrating as it is
> exciting (for example, Linux really, really, really wants a
> three-button mouse, and a single button PowerBook just
> doesn't cut it).

You know of the F-key trick, no?

F10 = Middle
F11 = Right

<evangelism>
>From my experience with OS X on an iBook [limited], and YDL on a 3400c PB
[fairly good], I wouldn't even hesitate to say, "Stay with OS X!". OS X is
built around the Mach kernel, which is light years ahead of the monolithic
kernel architecture of Linux. Also, OS X is built for the Mac hardware,
albeit nowadays it's getting to be commodity hardware. I'd certainly try and
find a better window manager than the sickening twm, but, hey, X11 is
already there baby!
</evangelism>