Can't boot my Blue G3 on my scsi disk useing Adaptech AHA-3940 HELP!

Niklas Wellholt yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:30:36 -0500

Im runing a Blue G3 with system 9 and I like to stay with that OS on my ATI disk. I have put an Adaptech AHA-3940 card in to be able to use my new SCSI HD (35Gb) for the YDL.

As I try to boot on my YDL install disc no. 1 (orignaly bought from terrasoft) I get a promt "boot" and an error message saying that YDL can't find ydlconf file refering to the ATI disk 02 (probleby my cd). I know that I could print the ramdisk name in the promt but it won't find it. I also know that I could write device=scsi [id] in order to direct YDL for the right scsi id, but then I have to buy a scsi cd as mine is an ATA or ATI

Please help me out
/Niklas
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers