OldWorld Install--keyboard failure

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:19:13 -0500

Ted:

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 04:51  PM, Ted Brown wrote:
> [...] but when I reach Installation Method  and I want to select Local
> CDROM, The keyboard stops working. I can navigate with the keyboard
> just fine during Choose a Language and Keyboard Type but as soon as I
> move beyond keyboard type, the keyboard stops working.

I seem to recall dimly something like that happening to me when I
installed YDL on my Wallstreet PowerBook G3 series. Go back to BootX
and make sure that "vmlinux-2.4.20-8dBOOT" is selected in the "Kernal"
drop-down menu. You will have to select "vmlinux-2.4.20-8d" again after
you have YDL installed. Let us know if that works.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint.macdonald@ttuhsc.edu>