IBM Java Developers' Kit

Bradley Martin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to compile jMAX on my machine (350 rev. 1
b+w G3) but first I must install a Java VM. Yellow
Dog's site recommended the IBM JDK for pSeries, which
I downloaded (1.4.1) in RPM form and installed. I
added the following lines to my .bashrc:

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-ppc-141
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/jre/bin:$PATH

to add the java binaries to the path, which seems to
work fine.

But for CLASSPATH--i don't know what to add. I tried

export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:.:

as per the README instructions but that doesn't seem
to work. It says CLASSPATH can point to a directory or
.jar or .zip file...there are lots of .jar files in
that directory...

thanks

=====
<i am not bradley martin>