Install/screen trouble on a B&W G3

Patrik Jerneheim yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:44:52 +0200

Hi, I'm trying to install YDL 3.0 on a B&W G3 without any luck.
If I use the graphic installer everything stops when inserting the
third CD. I've tried all the different set-ups, they all fail.
So I tried the text installer, and it seems to work, but...
Since my screen is not listed, it's a Belinea 17",  I tried the nearest
generic model.
But it after restart it won't start the graphic interface.
I've tried the startx, then it says:

(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument
(EE) FBDEV(0): Mode init failed

Fatal server error:
AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

and some thing 'bout a XIO: fatal error 104

What to do?

Regards
Patrik

B&W G3 rev1