Configuring printer

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_850C
--- Sander <A2Wiseguy@netscape.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I can't get my printer to work properly in YDL3.
> It's an HP DeskJet 850C. Connected to my stock 8600/250 with an
> apple
> serial cable.
> I started with the suggested standard driver setup (CUPS+hpijs)
> After submitting a test page, printer starts printing garbage and
> finally stops in error. (blinking leds)
> I've tried several printserver/driver combinations without any
> luck.
> What's wrong here? Anyone?
>
> Sander.

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar