Reading hfs+ partition

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:56:40 -0500

Michael:

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 08:56  PM, Michael Powell wrote:

>> My own solution has been to have two Mac partitions: one HFS+ in
>> which I have installed Mac OS
>> 9.1, and a second HFS for file exchanges.
>
> I wish I could do that, but that would include me getting mol to work
> (which is another problem I'm having) and to reformat and install
> everything again which I just did about two weeks ago.

If you are running YDL on an Old World Mac, there is a little trick to
getting Mac-On-Linux running. Maybe you could update us on your setup:
on what computer did you install YDL, how large are your partitions,
and so on?

(The little trick: since Old World Macs don't have a Mac OS ROM file
installed in their System Folder, MOL doesn't see them. The trick is to
copy the Mac OS ROM file from a New World Mac *or* to type "startmol"
from a console while a Mac OS 9.1 Install CD is in the CD-ROM drive.
The latter will let you reinstall the Mac OS while inserting the Mac OS
ROM file. Sweet, huh?)

Best wishes,
Clint

--