Find running apps on hard drive

Janus Sandsgaard yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:07:52 +0200

Mandag den 25. august 2003 00:32 skrev Clinton MacDonald:

> Many applications are available through the kicker menu in Yellow Dog
> Linux, but others can be had through simple commands. How do I
> determine the true name and location of an application I can only
> activate through the kicker or through other means?

Often you can call an application by typing the name in the terminal. Use TAB
key to auto-complete the name.

If you are looking for the location of an application you can find it using
the "locate" command in the terminal, all though you often geta long list of
directorys and files related to that program.

-j

--
Janus Sandsgaard
http://janus.dk