bootX: how do you set default boot on Mac OS 9?

Billy Passauer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:35:12 -0400

Hi Dwayne,

I've gotten farther than that - I usually use the text
based install (only have 48M of memory).  Mine acts like
it is a media problem and fails at seemingly random points
during the file/package install process.  I know the CD's
are good, I've re-downloaded and checked the MD5's before
burning, and even used them to install ydl3 on a g4.  I've
tried several different cdrom drives with the pb3400 (external
via the hdi scsi port) and it always fails.  I've tried ftp
installs, but that fails too (at a completely different point
in the install process).  I would love to get this running,
but at the moment I am out of ideas.

  ... Billy ...